CBD Coach of the Year
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding clinical assessment/feedback of Competence by Design (CBD) residents during the previous academic year. The nomination process is facilitated by the outgoing chiefs of the RCPC-EM residents. Nominees will:
- demonstrate high clinical and education standards;
- provide constructive and honest feedback;
- complete EPA (entrustable professional activity) assessments in a timely manner;
- stimulate critical thinking and inquiry;
- enhance learning through their enthusiasm for emergency medicine.
- The nomination process is facilitated by the chief RCPC-EM residents.
- A call for nominations is to be circulated to all current RCPC-EM residents eight weeks prior to Resident Academic Day.
- Nominations are accepted from current RCPC-EM residents in the CBD stream.
- A nomination letter of 250-500 words, detailing the outstanding clinical teaching ability of the nominee, must be submitted to the chief RCPC-EM residents six weeks prior to Research Academic Day.
- All nomination letters are circulated to the current RCPC-EM residents four weeks prior to the award selection.
- Selection of the award recipient is made four weeks prior to Research Academic Day by a simple majority vote of the CBD residents.
- Nominees must have an academic appointment in one of the three divisions of emergency medicine at the University of Toronto.
- The award recipient can only receive this award once every five years.
- All nominees will receive a copy of their nomination letter.
- The Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Medicine, will be provided with a copy of all nomination letters.
- The award recipient will be presented with a plaque, funded by the Division of Emergency Medicine, by the chief RCPC-EM residents at the Research Academic Day.