DEADLINE EXTENDED: Call for nominations: 2019 Department of Medicine Teacher of the Year Award
The extended deadline is March 29, 2019
The Department of Medicine Teacher of the Year Award, established in 1989, recognizes a member of the Department of Medicine who has demonstrated sustained excellence as a teacher and role model over several years. The award, consisting of a commemorative certificate, is presented at the Department of Medicine Annual Day. The award is open to full and part-time faculty members who have a primary appointment in the Department of Medicine. Previous winners of the award are not eligible for re-nomination. Categories of contributions are listed below. Candidates are not required to have made contributions in all these areas:
- Sustained excellence in teaching;
- Educational research and/or scholarship;
- Leadership in education.
Nominations must be received by the Education Awards Committee by Friday, March 29, 2019 at 11:59 PM via email@example.com and include:
- An email with the candidate’s name and brief comment (300 words) describing reason for nomination.
- Up-to-date candidate curriculum vitae.
- An abbrieviated teaching dossier (including teaching philosophy and brief summary of accomplishments, 5-10 pages).