Call for Applications: UofTMed Student Showcase
Feb 8, 2019
The Office of Advancement is looking for Faculty of Medicine students and trainees (undergraduate, PhD candidates, Masters’, Fellows, and Residents) with innovative projects that can be turned into interactive exhibits and showcased to our valued donors at the annual UofTMed Student Showcase, to be held on April 3, 2019 from 6 to 8 pm at the Hart House.
Exhibitors have the chance to win a $750 prize and will be awarded a private lunch with the Dean of Medicine. Two runners-up will be selected to each win a prize of $200. Please review the criteria below to determine your eligibility.
Please review this write up of last year’s event for a description of the previous exhibits: https://medicine.utoronto.ca/news/glimpse-future-medicine-uoftmed-student-showcase
Application deadline is February 8, 2019.
Please note that a maximum of 2 exhibits will be selected per Department, Institute, Centre, or Program (ex. Translational Research Program)
- Only current students and trainees (undergraduate, PhD, Masters', Fellows, Residents) with the Faculty of Medicine are eligible for consideration
- Preference will be given to those who did not participate in 2018
- Exhibit must provide an opportunity for attendees to interact hands-on with the exhibit. Videos will not be accepted as the sole interactive component of the exhibit.
- Exhibit must be able to be made easily understandable to someone without a medical background
- Shortlisted candidates must pitch their exhibit in person in February. Presentations will be no longer than 10 minutes. The individual who pitches the project at this meeting MUST also be present at the event on April 3. Preferably anyone who would be assisting at the event, if successful, should be present at the meeting.
Successful UofTMed Student Showcase exhibitors are required to:
- Attend a briefing meeting prior to the event
- Develop an interactive exhibit and let the Advancement Office know of any supplies you will need provided by March 11, 2019
- Present your work to guests at the event in language that is not overly technical
- Act as an ambassador for the Faculty of Medicine and the University of Toronto
- Exhibitors will be encouraged to present their interactive exhibit again at Alumni Reunion on Saturday, June 1, 2019
Questions? Please contact Lola Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org